A leading IT company wanted to connect tens of thousands of their customer's fleet vehicles to their existing servers, and get a real-time picture of what's happening in the field. They also want to find ways to: improve fuel conservation, lower CO2 emissions, reduce vehicle insurance costs, conserve manpower efforts, and recognize and reconcile potential resource eaters. It also had to be compatible with wireless networks worldwide.
A critical piece of the solution was that it needed to be plug and play. The costs of installing a permanent device professionally into many thousands of vehicles made the program too expensive for the IT company's clients.
Carma rapidly developed prototypes which were installed into fleet vehicles. They tracked the information needed to meet the customer's unique specifications, with the utmost accuracy.
Multiple solutions were tested and the customer was constantly in the feedback loop with Carma's management and lead engineers. All sides worked at a record-breaking pace to help our Client bring a solution to market before their competitors.These prototypes collected information regarding the following
which was relayed to managers wirelessly, and within seconds
- Check Engine Light activation
- Engine sensor information associated with check engine lights
- Miles per gallon
- Discovering dangerous drivers
- Live audio feedback for drivers to help them improve safety and MPG
- Vehicle location
- Accident notification with 'black box' logging
- Environmental impact (Carbon dioxide, CO2) per vehicle and across an entire fleet